-->

Update:

Updated 2 June 2020 - New blog post - A walk down Briton Ferry Canal

Wednesday 25 January 2017

The wildlife on Neath Canal

Date:  25 January 2017
Location:  Neath Canal (Neath to Briton Ferry)

I had an appointment in Neath and seeing the weather had been forecast to be nice I decided to walk home along Neath Canal. Luckily I had my camera with me and managed to discover quite a bit of wildlife on the way (incuding two new birds for me #My200BirdYear - A Mistle Thrush and Greenfinch).

The sun shining through the trees onto the canal
A friendly robin
A nice surprise to see a Mistle Thrush in one of the opposite fields
The view to the right of the canal - The River Neath
Another friendly robin
A Blue Tit
Neath Canal looking beautiful in the sunny weather
The regular Neath Canal Swans with one of their cygnet
There was lots of Yellow Gorse around
A Greenfinch (there were 4 altogether)
House sparrows on lamp posts
Giant's Grave cemetery - it was full of Long Tailed Tits, Blue Tits and Great Tits
Long Tailed Tit
Isn't this the cutest bird ever? Long Tailed Tit in Giant Graves Cemetery

I love walking along my local canals, I always see something new no matter what time of year I am there. Please check out my other blogs featuring Neath Canal...


Click here to read my blog from March 2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment