-->

Update:

Updated 2 June 2020 - New blog post - A walk down Briton Ferry Canal

Saturday 21 January 2017

Waxwings at The Range, Swansea

I had a tip off that there were about 30 waxwings near The Range, Winch Wen, Swansea. I have never seen one before so off we set this morning to see if we could get lucky.

It's been a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky. When we arrived at The Range carpark we could see a group of people with binoculars instead of shopping bags, we followed them to some nearby trees and there they were...about 15 beautiful waxwing sitting in one tree. I noticed there were some more in a nearby berry bush.

What a find and what a stunning bird, I hope the rest of 2017 will be this easy to spot rare birds, but I very much doubt it. This is now #42 bird for #My200BirdYear - you can see how I am doing here.

Here are some of the pics...

Waxwing on berry tree

Waxwing scoffing the berries


Waxwings

A small group of waxwings (there were many more around)

This one is doing it's best red nose impression!

No comments:

Post a Comment