-->

Update:

Updated 2 June 2020 - New blog post - A walk down Briton Ferry Canal

Friday 12 June 2015

Day 11 - 30 Days Wild - Garden Safari

I can't believe we are now a third of the way into the 30 Days Wild challenge and I've still got a few ideas up my sleeve. 

Once again I had to go to work today, but I managed to do a garden safari in the evening. I have quite a big garden, but I wouldn't say it's the tidiest garden in the world...in fact most of it is quite wild! 

Every time I explore my garden I usually find something new and it has an abundance of insects. I have an insect hotel, which I desperately need to move so that it is south-facing...but I will save that for another blog later on in June.

So here are some of the insects that have taken up residence in my garden...

A Cinnabar Moth on it's favorite plant Ragwort

Mullein moth caterpillar
Harlequin ladybird beetle (unfortunately, no sign of our native ladybirds)
14-spot ladybirds
Lime green butterfly or moths eggs...
...and these orange ones too!
A busy bee in the rhododendron
Grass spider
A female wolf spider with an egg sack
I think this is a moth pupa
Lovely earth worm
There's quite a few flowers coming into bloom so hopefully I will see a lot more bees, butterflies and moths in the next few weeks.

My random act of wildness for day 11 was safari in my garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment