-->

Update:

Updated 2 June 2020 - New blog post - A walk down Briton Ferry Canal

Thursday 4 June 2015

Day 4 - 30 Days Wild - Breakfast with the starlings!

I woke up to another glorious morning and got up bright and early because my car needed to be in the garage early for a service.

Before I made my breakfast I fed the birds theirs - a delicious mix of dried mealworm and suet pellets. A sparrow was already up singing it's lungs out on the roof, they have had a nest up there for a few weeks.

I walked back into the house and within minutes I could hear that familiar squawking noise - the starlings were here! The starlings have been visiting for weeks and on Sunday they brought their fledglings where I watched the adults feeding them mealworm.

Breakfast is served!
Sparrow singing up high
Two young starlings

Here comes the boys and the food has almost gone!
Something frightened them and they flew up to the roof and settled on an arial
Here is one of the juveniles getting fed
Starling on top of the line post
A lovely start to the day and it is great to see the starlings bring their fledglings into the garden. I'm struggling to fill these birds up with food though, I think they eat better than me!

For some reason the garage where I take my car has dinosaurs on the forecourt - so a picture with a triceratops was a must! Does that count as a random act of wildness lol?

Me with a triceratops!
The day is still young so I may add to this blog if I do something later...

No comments:

Post a Comment