-->

Update:

Updated 2 June 2020 - New blog post - A walk down Briton Ferry Canal

Saturday 13 June 2015

Day 13 - 30 Days Wild - rain, rain go away!!!

It was another rainy day today so we didn't go out and just stayed at home instead. The only thing I could see in the garden was a soggy juvenile starling and numerous snails and slugs.

It is the first time I have seen the young starlings out on their own and I'm a bit concerned he was the only one. On the 31st May there were loads of starlings with their fledglings - I hope the rest of his siblings are OK.

The solo juvenile starling that visited today


Flashback - The starlings on 31st May 2015...

Male starlings with at least four juveniles each
Lots of them were demanding food

Here is a video I took on the 31st May of the starlings...



The time is 9:30pm and as I write this blog I glance out of the window to see the sky has gone from a dull grey colour to the most amazing pink colour. This is a good sign that it will be a nice day tomorrow, so I think an early start along the canal is a must. Until tomorrow I will leave you with these pics of the glorious sky from tonight...

Red sky at night...
...shepherds delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment