-->

Update:

Updated 2 June 2020 - New blog post - A walk down Briton Ferry Canal

Friday 19 June 2015

Day 19 - 30 Days Wild - Lunchtime with birds & tea with spiders

Not a very 'wild' day today - but in my lunch break I did managed to venture down to the River Tawe and saw a few birds on the banks. A beautiful song thrush, a female blackbird and an incredibly difficult to photograph chaffinch.

Song thrush
Female blackbird
The best pic I could get of the chaffinch!
In the evening I studied the spider in my garden again and noticed another nest has formed nearby. This spider was in fact out of the nest so I can finally identify it as a nursery web spider. On the other side of the garden I saw another nursery web spider with eggs but without a nest and also saw my first juvenile grasshopper this year.

Nursery web spider
Juvenile common field grasshopper
Nursery web spider on egg sack

No comments:

Post a Comment